After finishing my graduate studies in 1991 I was awarded a Fellowship in Clinical Social Work in the Department of Psychiatry at Baylor College of Medicine. I successfully completed the Fellowship in 1994 and was given a faculty position with BCM. In 1994 I developed the Eating Disorders Program for Baylor Psychiatry Clinic and directed this program for eight years until leaving BCM to open my private practice. After leaving BCM I maintained a voluntary faculty position in which capacity I trained clinicians and taught medical students for the Department of Psychiatry. In 2000 I completed the Postgraduate Study in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy with the Center for Psychoanalytic Studies. Regarded as an expert in eating disorders treatment, I am involved in various leadership positions in the mental health community and am a certified clinical supervisor for the Texas State Board of Social Work. I have given numerous presentations for professional workshops, public and private schools, local universities and community groups, and have been a guest on television and radio shows to help educate individuals about eating disorder recovery.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED)
- International Association for Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP)
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- Houston Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy (HCEFT)
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)
- Center for Psychoanalytic Studies (CFPS)
- Executive Board, Houston Group Psychotherapy Society (HGPS)
- Former Board Member, American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA)
- Co-founder and Executive Board, Houston Eating Disorders Specialists (HEDS)
Meet Marti, The Therapy Dog
Marti is our resident therapy dog. She will be in the office to comfort and support our patients during your journey to personal growth and healing.